v

v

Thursday 9 May 2013

Baptism In The Holy Spirit - Ten


Novena To The Holy Spirit
Beginning Friday, May 10th. 2013

The text for the novena is posted on the page; Novena to the Holy Spirit. 

You may also wish to pray the Chaplet For The Grace Of Renewal, also found on the Pages, side bar.







PRAYER FOR THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT 

Jesus my Lord, I confess to you and to all the world / my need for your presence in my life. / I am alone and in darkness without you. / I am influenced and controlled by the many forces that surround me. / Even though I struggle against them,/ it is sin that so easily dominates my life. / Who can save me but you alone, / my Lord and my God. / Deliver me from the Evil One. / Touch my life with that power which flows from your resurrection. / Cause your Holy Spirit to be born in me anew. / Prince of Peace and Lord of Glory / reign now in my heart. / Baptize me with your Holy Spirit and Fire. / Raise me up to a New Life in you. Fr. Curtin


PRAYING WITH MARY ON PENTECOST 

Holy Mary Mother of God, on Pentecost Day / you gathered all the friends of Jesus / in that meeting room of prayer. / Jesus had instructed that all must come together in prayer, / to wait in trusting hope for the Promised One to come. / In the mystery of God’s grace, / let us gather with you now. / We desire with all our hearts, / that the Anointing of Pentecost may come upon us once again. / Pray for us dear Mary, that the Mighty Wind of God’s Breath / will come and fill our house of prayer. / Pray that Jesus your Son / will send down upon us now, those tongues of flame, / to enkindle in our hearts the fire of love and the light of faith . / Pray that our tongues be freed so that we might fill this house with the praises of God. / Pray O Queen of heaven, that the Holy Spirit will give to our hearts a song of joy and thanksgiving / for His mighty works now done in our midst. 

Come Holy Spirit, come. / Come down upon us now. / Melt our frozen hearts, reshape our distorted minds, / renew our sagging spirits with your Breath of Life. Fr. Curtin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.