v

v

Thursday 22 May 2014

Abide In My Love


Before the festival of the Passover, Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart from this world and go to the Father. During the supper, Jesus said to the disciples: “As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.” (John 15.9-11) (gospel May 22)

REFLECTIONS

Take a few moments and consider how this word of Jesus, "... abide ..."  is reflected in your faith life, using these different meanings of the word.

1. to remain; continue; stay
2. to have one's abode; dwell; reside:
3. to continue in a particular condition, attitude, relationship, etc.; to last.
4. to put up with; tolerate; stand:
5. to endure, sustain, or withstand without yielding or submitting:
6. to wait for; await:
7. to accept without opposition or question:
8. to pay the price or penalty of; suffer for.
9. abide by,
    a. to act in accord with.
    b. to submit to; agree to:
    c. to remain steadfast or faithful to; keep:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.