v

v

Monday 21 December 2015

Intercessory Prayer Card

I have created a Prayer Card that can be used as you engage in intercessory prayer for another. We have already discussed this subject as a way of practicing the Corporal Work of Mercy, "Praying for the Living and the Dead - LINK. 


Prayer for the Year of Mercy

Almighty God,
you reveal your love for us
in your Son, Jesus Christ,
who is the face of your mercy.
Pour out your mercy upon us
that we may bring to every person
your goodness and tenderness —
signs of your Kingdom,
present among us.
May we become merciful
like you, Father, are merciful.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

Amen.








Father of all Mercy
As I come before you in prayer
I carry in my heart this day
My brother/sister
Who is in need of your Mercy.

Great has been your love for me
Rescuing me out of the
Clutches of evil
And restoring me
To my place in your presence

Now open the doors of Mercy
To my brother/sister
Who I now carry home to you
Our Father of Mercy.

The Prayer Card is designed to be downloaded so that you can print it from your own computer. There are two formats from which to choose: (Word - docx) and (PDF).
In the graphic there is a blank space into which you can write the name of the one for whom you are interceding. You can carry it with you in pock or purse, or keep it in prayer book or bible to mark key passages you receive in pray. 

  • Carry it with you as you enter the DOORS of the Church. 
  • Offer its prayers as you prepare to celebrate Mass.
  • Carry in your heart the one for whom you intercede as you approach the Table of the Lord to receive Holy Communion.
  • In spirit, place them in the arms of the Father.
  • Recall these words of Jesus' prayer of intercession -
“I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me. And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one.” Jo. 17:
The links to these documents:
Follow these steps:
  1. Select and open the file
  2. Print page one only
  3. Turn the printed page over and reinsert into your printer paper tray
  4. Print page two only
  5. Trim the edges of the double-sided page (long sides first - then top & bottom using the trim guide marks (+) as guides
  6. Fold 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.