v

v

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Matthew 25: Works of Mercy







MATTHEW 25:31-46

APPLICATION FOR ENTRY
* Check what applies *

__ I was hungry and you gave me 
     food.

__ I was thirsty and you gave me 
     drink.

__ I was a stranger and you 
     welcomed me.

__ I was naked and you clothed 
     me.

__ I was ill and you cared for me.

__ I was in prison and you visited 
     me.

* Submit at the desk for entry *


The gospel text for Monday of the first week of Lent, presents us with the standards by which we are to be Judged before the Lord. Here we have the foundation for the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy. This of coarse, takes on special significance for us in this Year of Mercy.

"Lord, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" THE question that preoccupies persons of faith. We live with the realization that our life is a gift from God. It is given in a framework of time. In this time allotted, we are to imitate our Father by spending our time co-creating, making life prosper for good, our good and the good of others. “Master, you gave me five talents. See, I have made five more.” Mtt:25:20

So often today, religion is attacked over the "problem of evil", the troubles that befall people, good people as well as bad. "If there is a good God, why all the suffering?" - so the argument goes.

One can only imagine what our world would be like today had good been chosen over evil throughout history - what discoveries could have been made, what wonders might have been created, had the God-given genius of so many, not been put to death by the hand of so many choosing evil.

Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes (Lk 12:37)on the job and working hard at what has been assigned them. No other time in history has had a greater human capacity to change the world for good than our generation. What it will take to unleash this potential will be a conversion of heart, human hearts, imbued with divine wisdom. It starts here with - BE MERCIFUL, LIKE THE FATHER.

+ + + +

The following is suggested as a way of observing your progress in response to the call TO BE MERCIFUL. 
There is a document that you can download and use. ***LINK***

My Checklist For The Corporal Works of Mercy
Sun
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat







Record the corresponding number to a Work of Mercy in the box above


My Checklist For The Spiritual Works of Mercy
Sun
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat







Record the corresponding number to a Work of Mercy in the box above




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.