v

v

Monday 19 December 2016

Advent Annunciations


 
JOSEPH
 
ZACHARIAH

MARY





















The Angel's Voice of Advent

During these Advent days, we have heard the voices of the prophets proclaiming to us God's plan to come and save us. As we meditated on the prophets' words, we sought to make them personal; to hear how we should now be looking to our own future, to discover what plans the Lord has for us.

Now, in these final days of Advent, it is the angel's voice that we hear, foretelling God's plan. We may not have had the experience of an angel's visit, standing before us, telling us of God's plan, yet deep within a voice may be heard, announcing God has some personal for us to accomplish.

Listen again to the angel's voice, then listen again, deep within your own heart, for the message that is for you to hear.
“Joseph, son of David,
do not be afraid to take Mary your wife into your home.For it is through the Holy Spirit
that this child has been conceived in her.She will bear a son and you are to name him Jesus,
because he will save his people from their sins.”
  • From what sins have I been saved?
  • From what sins am I yet to know salvation?
 * * *
“Though you are barren and have had no children,
yet you will conceive and bear a son.
Now, then, be careful to take no wine or strong drink
and to eat nothing unclean.
As for the son you will conceive and bear,
no razor shall touch his head,
for this boy is to be consecrated to God from the womb.
It is he who will begin the deliverance of Israel
from the power of the Philistines.”
  • How well I know my many limitations - my many plans that came up empty. 
  • Have I considered that a lowly messenger can be the bearer of a great message when God sends them?
 * * *
 “Do not be afraid, Mary,
for you have found favor with God.
Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son,
and you shall name him Jesus.
He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High,
and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father,
and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever,
and of his Kingdom there will be no end.”
  • "Do not be afraid" - easy to say, so impossible to be. What voices of fear speak loudest in my heart - telling me to take my place and not expect? 
  • Can I learn that it is not I but Christ who lives in me who has the powers necessary to do what is asked of me?
 For nothing will be impossible for God.”
  • Yes Lord, I am willing to accept, to be your servant and instrument. May all you ask of me be done according to your word.”














No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.