v

v

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Advent Series - New Encounter - Three


The Holy Family As Indian - William Kurelek

Thursday Week One

Lectio

Gospel Mt 8:5-11
When Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion approached him and appealed to him, saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully." He said to him, "I will come and cure him." The centurion said in reply, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed. For I too am a man subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come here,' and he comes; and to my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. I say to you, many will come from the east and the west, and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the banquet in the Kingdom of heaven."


Meditatio

The Centurion was a member of the occupying forces controlling the land of the Jewish people. Whatever his beliefs may have been, he had come to learn of Jesus’ healing powers. He may not have had the true religion, but he had the right attitude with which to approach Jesus. Humble surrender. Even though he had authority and power, he made himself a little less than the servant for whom he was advocating. With what attitude do you approach Jesus? Is it Lord, my will be done or is it speak Lord, I have come to do your will?


Oratio

O Lord, during these holy days of Advent, help me to examine the condition of my faith. Has it grown from an expectant faith to a faith that expects - because it deserves. So me how pride my have invaded my heart, causing me to think that my faith and devotion are of my own doing and not a work of your grace in me.


Contemplatio

(the Master) … Does he thank the servant because he did what he was told? So you also, when you have done everything commanded of you, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’” Luke 17:9



The introductory Post to this series explains the approach I am using for this series and the method of prayer Lectio Divina. > >LINK< <


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.