v

v

Thursday 12 April 2018

Litany of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.





Litany of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Lord have mercy on us; - - - Lord have mercy on us.
Christ have mercy on us; - - - Christ graciously hear our prayer.
Holy Spirit of the living God; - - - Sent forth from the Father and the Son.

Holy Spirit of the thrice-holy God; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit of the Father and of the Son; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit who are poured into us; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit the Paraclete; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit the Comforter; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit the Advocate; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Oh, Holy Spirit the Spirit of freedom; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Oh, Holy Spirit the seal of our redemption; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Oh, Holy Spirit the first fruits of the redemption; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit the pledge of eternal glory; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit the strengthening and comforting anointing; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit who enlightens and inspires; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit who lives in our bodies as a temple; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit who sanctifies us into a dwelling place of God; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit who makes us the sanctuary of the Church; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit of the new creation through Whom the Lord makes all things new; - - - Come Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit out of Whom a person must be born again, in order to be the person God intends them to be for all eternity; - - - Come Holy Spirit.

Oh, Holy Spirit, the arouser of the glorified body; - - - Fill the hearts of your faithful.
Oh, Holy Spirit of adoption, testimony that we are the children of God; - - - Fill the hearts of your faithful.
Oh, Holy Spirit who searches the depths of God; - - - Fill the hearts of your faithful.
Oh, Holy Spirit fill me with your presence; - - - Fill the hearts of your faithful.

Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world; - - - Have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world; - - - Fill our hearts with your presence.
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world; - - - Enkindle in our hearts the fire of your love.

Send forth your Spirit O Lord; - - - And we shall be created anew.

Let us pray,
Jesus my Lord, I confess to you and to all the world my need for your presence in my life. I am alone and in darkness without you. I am influenced and controlled by the many forces that surround me. Even though I struggle against them, it is sin that so easily dominates my life. Who can save me but you alone, my Lord and my God. Deliver me from the Evil One. Touch my life with that power which flows from your resurrection. Cause your Holy Spirit to be born in me anew. Prince of Peace and Lord of Glory reign now in my heart. Baptize me with your Holy Spirit and Fire. Raise me up to a New Life in you.

Amen.


(Based on the descriptions of the nature and working of Holy Spirit in us by Karl Rahner in his book, "Spiritual Exercises".) - (created by Fr. James Curtin for private use.)

































































.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Videos

Featured Videos.